Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Prologue: Washed Ashore

Captain's Log -
The regal ship, Mistral, has been sunk to the depths of the sea, my fellow men at sea and my captain are gone.  Gone where? I'm not sure, they were either killed or taken prisoner, but whatever their outcome God have mercy on their souls.  We were taken by surprise by a French Corsair, I know not his name.  The only thing I grabbed before jumping ship to prevent my death was the captain's log book.
God, I pray I am not the only survivor.
I have found myself washed up on the shores of foreign land.  As soon as I feel able, I will go to the nearby town and figure out where Fate has led me.

~Tom Calico, First Mate of the Mistral

7 comments:

  1. I have not seen a story featuring pirates, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Can't wait to start reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really nice.It inspires me to start one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really neat/unique idea to start a legacy off with. I'd love to read more.

    ReplyDelete