Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chapter 5: Feelings for Gertie

Captain's Log -

After an interesting but fun night with Gertie, I've decided that I should try to get to know people of Barnacle Bay.  I honestly can't say when I'll be leaving this island, but until then I think I could get to know more people to make my stay here easier.
With this in mind, I headed to Founder's Park after work and ran into Rahul Patel again.

I greeted him with a firm shake of the hand and a smile, but he seemed to stop and talk with me a moment only out of politeness. I'm not sure how to read him as a potential friend considering his lukewarm greeting.  Nonetheless, we found a common interest in chess and he joined me for a small match.  Though he doesn't seem to be one for conversation, his wits were keen on the game.  I do enjoy a good battle of chess!


After our game, we headed our separate ways.  I invited Gertie over when I got home, deciding I wanted her good conversation and easy smile.
I find Gertie vastly intriguing.  With her short temper that incites me, those full lips pursing in thought before she shares a thought . . .
I found out today that I love talking with her, too.  We seem to be in tune to each other's interests and unlike conversation with Rahul, with Gertie it flowed freely.

Today, I joked which made her laugh.

In turn followed a kiss, which made her blush.
I wonder if my feelings might be turning less platonic at this point . . .


I am not sure I am ready for such commitment as a dedicated, monogamous relationship.  It would tie me here, and I want to go home . . . don't I?

~Tom Calico, First Mate 

No comments:

Post a Comment