Friday, June 3, 2011

Chapter 24: Growing

Captain's Log -

All too soon, time rolled forward.  Our triplets grew to toddlers. And their individual personalities began to truly shine through.
 Muriel was excitable, and could sleep through all the commotion in the house.  She even slept through her sisters' screams.  She ended up inheriting my amber eyes, but Cordela's strawberry blond hair.
 Little Muriel . . . so quiet compared to her siblings.  She seemed naturally born with discipline.  She loved being read to.  She had my dark hair and my mother's green eyes.
 And then little Ursula, she was the bravest.  She was the first to crawl, to walk, to explore.  And Ursula was the first to figure out her peg box.  I do believe she is above average.  She is the spitting image of her mother as a baby.
 It will be interesting to see if her likeness to Cordelia will continue.
 Right now, life is beyond busy for all of us.  Una has made a great turn-around.  She has been a help to us with the triplets.  She works hard in her school studies, earning mostly A's in her report cards.  I am very impressed with her.
The triplets seem to eat all the time, we feed one then another is hungry and the process repeats itself.  Dirty diapers . . . I've seen more than my share.
Potty training is near.  Muriel and Mairin are so close to walking, little Ursula just runs everywhere.
They seem to learn a new word every day, they are in to everything from trash to toilet water.
Outside of raising our children, Cordelia has gone back to work at the office, she's striving to climb the corporate latter, but the mutual hate she has with her boss is holding her back.
I've had a quick succession of raises and promotions, but the price to pay for that is time away from my loved ones and working many graveyard shifts and non-traditional hours.
But when all is said and done, when I come home from work on those nights, I love the sound of peace in the house.

I know all is right in the world when I look in on my sleeping babes and witness their tranquil slumber.

~Tom Calico

7 comments:

  1. The kids are adorable and I am glad Una is helping out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Maribel - I'm assuming you like what you've read so far? I hope so! :D
    I want to update, but I've been so busy in Creative Corner on the official Sims 3 forums I haven't had time. :(
    There's much to share about Tom and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I loved the story.
    Funny story Leah80 introduced me to it, and she works as your secretary right :p shes my fiance anyways,
    I cant wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - Leah's our new secretary. We're so glad to have her help! And as soon as I get a chance, I will update the blog. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks im real excited to see what happens in the future with the Calico's, i also want to see how Una looks and if she has a bf all that goods stuff :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. My avi here and on Sims 3 is actually Una - she turned out to be super pretty. Looks a lot like Tom.

    ReplyDelete