Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chapter 22: Countdown

Captain's Log -

Cordelia's doing so well.  To battle near-constant exhaustion, Cordelia naps every day and makes a point to do some stretches and only a little exercise. She's nearly through with the pregnancy, the doctor said she wouldn't go full-term so any day could be the day.


 With the nursery in order, Cordelia has used her maternity leave from the office to catch up on reading.  Most of her reading consists of baby-know-how.  She is getting nervous for the day but her excitement is palpable.
Una has warmed up a little to having siblings.  Her fits have lessened and she has settled to the fact that she will not be our one and only.  She has also kept herself busy with her playmate Carey Verona.  Verona as in Juliette Verona's son.  Juliette herself has settled into married life and having a family.  It's ironic to me that the woman I used to be with has a son who now plays (and is friends with) my daughter.
Needless to say, I'm glad Una has a good friend.  I think once the triplets are here that she'll be in need of a friend.  Delia and I will be so busy with the babies I fear that Una will think we've forgotten her despite our words of warning of late to her that it wouldn't happen.
I don't share too much of my worries to Cordelia, she is preoccupied with her impending labor and I know that eventually all things will turn out right.
 Soon, our babies will be here.  The days are winding down, and the moment is almost nigh.  I must attend to Cordelia, for she has need of me in these last days.

~Tom Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment