Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chapter 15: Quiet Before The Storm

Captain's Log -
Patty's in a bad state.  I am unsure how to help her as she says nothing to me and shrugs off my attempts to talk to her.  I came home from work today to find her still in her nightclothes and crying in the kitchen.  


I had news to tell her I'd been promoted to the Vice Squad but the news never left my lips.  I was deflated to see her upset.

I tried to help her but she shook me off, saying that she didn't need me.  I am still hurt that she feels she can't talk to me - after all this time, after the birth of our child.
I'm beginning to resent allowing Patty to live with me, as well.  She doesn't seem to care to take care of herself and her surroundings.  I find myself wondering constantly when I'm working if Una's getting the care she needs.  Though admittedly, when I get home Una seems to be well enough, cooing and gnawing on her fingers in her crib.    
I hope things get back to normal when Patty goes back to work in a couple of months.  I know how dear her career was to her, so I hope that all the moping and tears is because she simply wants to get back to work.  I've heard of women having babies and getting sad in the aftermath, but this is something different.
I will hold my tongue, and keep quiet about my misgivings in Patty's emotional state.  But if she doesn't start making efforts to open up to me, I don't think we can pull through this state of living without hurting each other.    

~Tom Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment