Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chapter 13: Bringing Home Baby

Captain's Log -

Patty was released from the hospital the next day, with little Una in tow.  After having such a smooth delivery, the doctor found no reason why Patty and Una could not come home.


I was overjoyed to have Una finally here.  Since Una was born on a Friday, I had the whole weekend to spend with her.  In that time, Patty enjoyed some personal time.  She got a little spa treatment and got a new hair cut.  She didn't spend much time with Una, but I didn't mind.  I enjoyed every minute with Una, I even got up in the night to feed her.
When I think back to my time at sea, to those long-ago pirate days, I never would have imagined myself here.  I never would have thought my destiny lay in a quiet living as a father.  I am at peace with the path that destiny sent me on.  I feel that peace every time I hold my daughter close.
~Tom Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment